Mushrooms: The New Superfood
Superfoods are all the rage lately and there are many options to consider. All of these options can also be confusing to those that are just beginning to discover these amazingly healthy foods. One fantastic option that you may not be familiar with is mushrooms, the new ancient superfoods. Here are six of our favorite mushrooms and their long list of health benefits.
- Oyster Mushroom – Prized for their culinary flavor and rich nutrient content, the Oyster Mushroom were highly sought after options for early food foragers. They contain loads of B vitamins plus protein, minerals, beta glucans, and the super-powered antioxidant, ergothioneine.
- Reishi – Reishi mushrooms are perhaps the most famous and deeply researched of all the varieties of mushrooms. This may be due to the fact that they are a complete whole food. They are rich in protein, enzymes, minerals and they contain more than 130 triterpenoid compounds.
- Maitake – Commonly referred to as the ‘Hen of the Woods’, the Maitake mushroom can be found in North America, China, and Europe. In addition to being a gourmet mushroom, they are an excellent source of phospholipids, polysaccharides, antioxidants, and plant sterols.
- Cordyceps – First discovered in the mountains of Tibet and China, Cordyceps mushrooms have been part of the edible mushroom community for thousands of years. They contain many of the same healthy components of other mushrooms and have been a popular extract in the formulas of premium quality supplements as well.
- Organic Poria – Found on the roots of pine trees, the Poria mushroom has been a part of traditional Chinese medicine for over 5,000 years. Native Americans also used it for food. Its high fiber content, in addition to other common mushroom health benefits, has garnered the attention of the scientific community in recent years.
- Wild Black Trumpet – Usually found near hardwood trees, the Wild Black Trumpet has become a highly sought after mushroom for its gourmet flavors. In addition to its amazing taste, this nutritious delicacy is also high in polyphenols, beta glucans, polysaccharides, and trace minerals.
Clearly, mushrooms are a concentrated source of super nutrition. If you are looking for a way to get all of these valuable health benefits of mushrooms in one place then look no further than our Forest mushroom blend. This dietary supplement is uniquely designed to deliver a boost to your immune system and your energy levels. Boost your life with Wild Forest.