Fall Into Health
Fall is nearly here, and while saying goodbye to summer can be bittersweet, there are a number of reasons to look forward to the new season! It won’t be long now before the weather cools off, the leaves begin to change color, and the corn mazes and pumpkin patches begin to open for the season. On top of all that, there’s one more thing you can look forward to this year – some amazing benefits to your overall health.
Health Benefits of Fall
That’s right. Autumn is a season that comes with a number of health benefits. Here are just a few.
- Fall colors can boost your mood
You already know that spending time outside is good for your health, but during the fall, there is an extra benefit. The vibrant and beautiful landscapes that the colorful leaves bring can easily give your mood a boost.
- Cooler weather is great for outdoor activities
While it’s common to associate outdoor activities with the summer, autumn can arguably be a more appealing time to spend outside. After all, it’s much more appealing to go for a hike or play a round of golf when the temperatures are a little cooler.
- Seasonal foods are in abundance
Summer favorites like strawberries and cucumbers may be harder to come by, but there are many fall fruits and vegetables like pumpkins, apples, and butternut squash to look forward to. What’s even better is that many of the spices associated with the season, like nutmeg and cinnamon, are delicious and good for your health.
- Your sleep will improve
As the days get shorter, your body naturally begins to adjust its circadian rhythms so that you are able to sleep earlier. Additionally, some studies have shown that people tend to sleep better in cooler temperatures. Between the days being shorter and the weather being cooler, your body will benefit from longer and better sleep.
Boost Your Health This Fall
The season may naturally offer a lot of benefits, but if you really want to reap all the healthy rewards of the season, you will need to put in a little work. Here are some ways you can maximize your overall health and wellness this fall.
- Log off before bed. Turn off cell phones, laptops, and TVs at least 30 minutes before bed to give yourself time to wind down without the electronic distractions.
- Schedule your workout. Set aside time every day for a 30-minute workout. Setting an alarm or putting it on your calendar is a great way to ensure you won’t forget. For an added benefit, do as many of your workouts outside as you can before the weather gets too cold.
- Let in some sunshine. On days when it is too cold to do much outside, open up the curtains and let in some natural light. This will not only let you benefit from a little extra vitamin D, but it could also help kill dust-dwelling bacteria.
- Take care of your gut. There is no doubt that taking care of your gut health is the best thing you can do for your overall well-being. As we enter the fall season, it’s a great time to focus (or refocus) on making sure your gut is as healthy as possible. And there’s no better way to do that than with our upcoming 30-Day Gut Reboot!
Summer may be coming to an end, but the change in seasons brings a lot to look forward to, especially when it comes to your health! We’re wishing you the healthiest fall season yet.