Stress is one of the things in life we’d really rather not have. It will probably never go away, not completely. Still, we could all do with a little less of it. It’s been widely documented that a regular exercise program can help combat stress. When we put ourselves through the things we do each day—the wear-and- tear that we sometimes don’t pay enough attention to—we could all use some assistance. At New Earth, we can offer some help with our Rebound product, as it allows for both cardiovascular and joint support.* What’s more, it does so naturally.
The shorter version is simple: Rebound helps you quickly get back to feeling like yourself again.*
With a new Olympics on its way—and with the sun already pretending it’s summer in select parts of the country—our thoughts turn to swimming. Yes, it gives us a welcome chance to cool off, but it’s so much more than that too: it helps us exercise, and in a myriad of ways. It’s better on your joints, it’s easy to do every single day and it’s tremendously therapeutic.
Other reasons to swim? We have a whole bunch:
- Lessens the chance of overheating
- Adds resistance; you exert more effort than you would on land
- Assists in combatting against stress
- Increases overall muscle flexibility
- Allows for increased endurance
- It can make you a better runner. A 2013 Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports study found swimmers who followed a controlled breathing technique (two breaths per pool length) improved their running economy by 6 percent after just 12 swim sessions.
- Anyone, regardless of age or body type, can do it
So the next time you get in the pool to do some laps, remember this: you’re getting ever closer to a
healthier, leaner, more flexible version of yourself. We can’t help but be on board with that.
These Roasted Artichokes are easy, delicious, and healthy! Check out the recipe here: