As we all learn to navigate this post-pandemic world, there is one thing we can be certain of—having a healthy immune system is of the utmost importance.
After all, your immune system is your ally and protector—your body’s first line of defense. It is an amazing, complex system that is constantly working to fight off pathogens and keep your body as healthy as possible. A strong, healthy immune system is what allows you to do what you love, enjoy your life, and worry less.
With the colder weather nearly upon us, taking care of your immune system should be at the top of your priority list. But that begs the question—what can you do to help your immune system stay strong and healthy? Here are 5 tips you can implement today!
- Pay attention to personal hygiene. When you practice proper personal hygiene like brushing your teeth, bathing regularly, and washing your hands, you are actively working to prevent potentially harmful intruders from entering your body. Ultimately, being proactive in this way helps ensure that you aren’t unnecessarily overworking your immune system. A word of caution though—there is a fine line between just enough and too much. Cleaning too often with products that are hard on your body may work against you by removing protective bacteria from your body, which can compromise your immune system.
- Rest your body. The amount of sleep you get has a substantial impact on your immune function. Sleep gives your body the opportunity to rest and rejuvenate itself. As part of this process, your body produces important proteins called cytokines, which are responsible for making sure your immune cells are properly equipped to do their jobs. With that in mind, take a look at your schedule and make sure you are getting plenty of sleep each night.
- Check your stress. We all deal with some amount of stress on a daily basis, but when that stress goes unmanaged it can wreak havoc on your entire body, including your immune system. Not only does the frequent release of the stress hormone cortisol end up suppressing your immune function, but chronic stress can also lead to unhealthy coping mechanisms such as smoking, drinking, or overeating, all of which can compromise your body’s defense. Try incorporating self-care practices like yoga, meditation, or journaling into your daily routine to help you cope with stress and support your immune system.
- Support your gut. Since your gut and immune system are closely connected, the health of your gut microbiome can directly affect how your immune system is functioning. Implementing healthy habits and adding gut support supplements like Essentials to your daily routine can lead to a happy, healthy digestive system, which in turn leads to a strong immune system.
- Feed your immune system. Just like every other system in your body, your immune system needs a variety of nutrients in order to function. While you can get many of these nutrients from a healthy diet, adding a powerful immune-boosting supplement like Defend to your daily routine can give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your immune system is getting all of the micronutrients it needs. If you want to learn more about Defend and the ingredients that make it so powerful, check out the video below.